Thursday

How does Idealism affect Reality?

Idealism and Reality. Two opposites living together in one world.
            After reading the novel, "Of Mice and Men", we were able to view how idealism affects reality. The characters in "Of Mice and Men"had many dreams and goals. They all dreamed of having a perfect life but for all of them it didn't happen. They all couldn't see the troubles they were facing. The Great Depression was undergoing at the moment and not one of the characters attempted to deal with economic problems the world was dealing with. They all decided to keep thinking of what to do next such as become an actress or own a farm. Candy and George, for example, were using all their money to invest into the farm instead of using it to survive the corrupt world they were living in. It seems as if dreams and fantasies had taken over all of their lives.

            I like to think of idealism like a trip, it takes us away from reality for some time and makes us forget of any problems. I myself am an idealist, i tend to think of my future idealistically and don't try to solve the problems in front of me. Usually when I have a large amount of work to do i often tend to stop working and begin thinking of the things i will get to do afterwards. I love to dream of the future and the things i will do but I have soon come to realize how if your dream does not have a plan, it is just simply a wish you can only hope for. You take action for your dream to come true. George and Lennie's fantasy farm seems to me like it would happen since they took action. The were getting the money for it and looking for places to put it. If they weren't in such a bad situation maybe the dream of owning a farm would of succeeded.

           Idealism can really affect our lives so try not to dream too much. Just remember if you want a dream to come true, you gotta make a plan. Stay tuned for my next post and keep reading fellow bloggers.

2 comments:

  1. "I myself am an idealist, i tend to thinks of my future idealistically and don't try to solve the problems in front of me." Usually when I have a large amount of work to do i often tend to stop working and begin thinking of the things i will get to do afterwards."

    I love the bad grammar of the first sentence. "i tend to thinks" lol

    "Usually when I have a large amount of work to do i often tend to stop working and begin thinking of the things i will get to do afterwards."
    yeah, more like stop working and do the work later.

    ReplyDelete